Saturday, April 18, 2009

Man Overboard

Oh Holy Lord Most High
I have come to realize
that I have spent my entire life
with a millstone around my neck

It's become a part of me
as I wade this terrible sea
I grasp the air in search of Thee
only yot have water fill my lungs

Oh I know there's a better way
that Your mighty hand holds sway
over the powers of night and day
but land is far from sight

The salt has dried skin and bones
many moons I've spent alone
dreaming of home sweet home
where my soul was at rest

Oh Son of David, I once knew
that Your words where true
yet I still crucified You
I can nver wash these hands

Is there anything but this
a child's game gone amiss
I bretrayed you with a kiss
now I am where I belong

Twenty fathoms was the sounding
all I see is the waves crowning
I've done all I can to keep from drowning
Lord, save me

No comments: