Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Call Me Cephas (Call Me Beavis)

The heavens declare
Your glory
as the Hunter
chases the Bear
across the night sky

Your creation screams of
Your infinite goodness
as solar rays are processed
with water and air
to grow the grass of the field

A horse is a vain hope for safety
yet in its power
it bears the mark
of a skilled craftsman
layering marrow and bone
muscle and tissue
skin and hair
to form such a
magnificent beast

The sparrow
takes flight
without a care
mutts roam
city streets
without regard
rocks orbit
nuclear reaction
without effort

why then should i worry?
why should i concern myself with tomorrow?

knowing that tomorrow will come
I plot and plan
contend and conspire
to control it's fate

lo, what vanity of vanities
to strive against
the One
who can set a snare for behemoth
and hook leviathan through the nostril

I move that arguing
against such power
is folly
(but i do it all the same)
can the created
say to the Creator
"Why have You
made me?"
(no more than a picture
can leave its frame)

Where does this
leave You and I?
am I to ignore
the darkness as
i'm dazzled by the light?
or should I rise
like the moon
reflecting the light
of the Son?

the answer is clear

so in fear
i place my hand
over my mouth
lest my foot
finds its way in

how can I contend
with the One
who holds
reality together

No comments: